In Step Dance Center Dress Code
At In Step Dance Center, our dress code is designed to give you options and save you money! You are NOT required to purchase class wear from us, as some studios require.
- All students must wear a leotard (any style or color is fine with the exception competition dancers who are required to wear black leotards to all classes.
- Students may wear the following over their leotard: ballet skirt, athletic shorts, leggings, yoga pants, snug-fitting camis or tank tops. NO EXTRA LONG OR BAGGY PANTS, JEANS, OR JEAN SHORTS!
- Competition, Ballet, Pointe, and Pre-pointe students should not wear any bottoms that cover the knees, and may be asked to remove shirts and shorts/skirts at the instructor’s discretion.
- Tights are optional for class. Legwarmers and knee-socks are permitted. (Bloch/Revolution brand tights required for photos & recital. See the recital booklet for class-by-class list of which color is needed each year.)
- Hair must be worn SECURELY off the face and neck. A bun is not required. For safety reasons, no dangling jewelry and no gum chewing!
- Solid color T-shirt and jazz pants or athletic shorts.
- See instructor for appropriate footwear for each class.
- COMPETITION dancers see competition requirements sheet for your class.
- COMBO and 1st & 2nd grade students need any brand pink leather ballet shoe (leather top and bottom) and any brand black patent tap shoe.
- BALLET Grade 3-4 students may wear any brand pink leather style/color leather ballet shoes. Split-sole is preferred.
- BALLET Grade 5-12 Capezio Pirouette II canvas Lyrical Shoe
- HIP-HOP/JAZZ students in a Combo class with Jazz and students in grades 1-4 may wear leather slip on Jazz shoes. Color will be determined in Nov.
- Hip-Hop/ Jazz Students in grade 5-12 shoe will be determined in Nov. and ordered for the class.
- Musical Theater leather slip on Jazz shoes. Color will be determined in Nov.
- TAP Grade 4-12 Revolution Lace up Tap shoe or BLOCH brand “Respect” Lace up shoe -Black
- BOYS HIP HOP/TAP students need any style sneaker and black tap oxford.
- POM students may wear any style sneaker to class. A specific shoe may be chosen for recital performance at the instructor’s discretion.
- Clog Shoes will be ordered from the studio for the entire class.
- Please note that Ballet shoes sold at Wal-Mart and Meijer are for costume purpose and not appropriate for dance class.
- Click here for Full shoe list.
For young dancers we recommend the following stores:
– ISDC Boutique
– Opening Night (Dublin)
For older dancers we recommend the following stores:
– ISDC Boutique
Search Our Site!
Tuition is due in full on the first day of each month. There will be a $10.00 late fee for any tuition not paid after the first.
All Costumes deposits are due on Oct.1st, Nov.1st and paid in full by March 1st.